The Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington is a historic landmark located in the heart of Worthington, Ohio. Dating back to 1878, it was originally built as an Opera House and has remained a focal point for artistic growth and creativity in Central Ohio ever since.
The visual art gallery features regional artists who are working with traditional mediums like oil painting or watercolors but also includes some more modern artwork that explores new ideas in media like sculpture or installation pieces. The museum houses three floors of exhibits including many different types of objects.
The Peggy R McConnell Arts Center of Worthington (McConnell Arts Center) is a landmark in central Ohio. It was built for the Worthington community as an opera house and has remained a focal point for artistic growth ever since. The museum houses three floors of exhibits including many objects from different periods and regions around the world. There are also more modern exhibits that explore new ideas in media like sculpture or installation pieces. Three floors of galleries include many objects from different times periods and regions around the world.
THE PEGGY R. MCCONNELL ARTS CENTER (MAC) IS:
- A contemporary, multidisciplinary facility presenting and promoting the performing, visual and digital arts.
- An arts center offering a series of performances, exhibitions, and classes, and cultural opportunities through both ticketed and free events.
- A historic cultural facility transformed from the Worthington High School, built-in 1915.
- A 20,000 sq. foot building with a 213 seat theatre, an exhibition gallery, four classrooms, a digital imaging studio, a dance studio, and rotating exhibitions sprinkled throughout the facility.
- Continuing the legacy of the Worthington Arts Council to advocate, create, and nurture arts programming.
If you are looking for a fun place to take your kids or an opportunity to get out of the house with friends, stop by Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington and check out all that it has to offer! There is something here for everyone- from theatrical performances and concerts, art exhibitions, and more! The arts center provides programs that can captivate any type of person or group in Worthington – there’s something for everyone at the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington! Visit us today!
Worthington, Ohio is blessed with some of the state’s most amazing, must-see landmarks. Here’s a list of some of our favorites:
- Jeffers Mound
- Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington
- Griswold Center
- Orange Johnson House
- Walnut Grove Cemetery
- The Old Rectory
- The Ohio Railway Museum
- McConnell Arts Center
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
All of these wonderful landmarks are located just a short distance from our central location at 65 East Wilson Bridge Road in Worthington! Stop by for a visit anytime!